Malmö, Sweden, 21578
Joined on April, 2017
Weekdays in the afternoon
Saturday in the afternoon
Saturday in the afternoon
Up to 10 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationGraduated December 2016 with a
Master of Science, in Conflict Analysis and Resolution, George Mason University, from Virginia, with a final GPA of 3.79.
* I am a member of Phi Beta Delta International Honor Society
Graduated December 2016 with a
Master of Arts, in Conflict Resolution and Mediterranean Security, from the University of Malta, in Malta, with a final GPA of 3.79
* I spoke at the Spring Graduation Commencement
Graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in Cultural Anthropology in 2014, from Ashford University. My final GPA was 3.98
Hello there! My name is Amanda and I am a recent M.S. graduate from George Mason University and the University of Malta. I have spent most of the last 2 years abroad, living in Malta and Sweden. I love meeting people from different countries and cultures. I obtained my dual-master’s degree in Conflict Analysis and Resolution and Conflict Resolution and Mediterranean Security, in December. My courses focused on International Relations, Government, Political Science, Terrorism Prevention, and Sociology. My Bachelor’s Degree was in Cultural Anthropology. Prior to beginning my M.S. studies, I spent 8 years in the Army Reserve. I have tutored students in a number of subjects, including Sociology, Psychology, and ESL. Currently, I am tutoring students in ESL online. I look forward to “meeting” you soon and helping you improve your grades and your understanding of the material.
Have a great day!
My Teaching Experience
• Help non-native English speakers increase their English speaking and reading abilities
January 2016 - Current
• Help non-native English speakers improve their English speaking, reading, and writing abilities
Oklahoma State University
• Completed Teaching and Learning Course
Oklahoma State University Academic Services
• Tutored 12 college freshmen in sociology and psychology courses
• Helped the students improve their analytical and critical thinking skills
The Salvation Army
• Helped children ages 6-13 with English, reading and math homework
• Encouraged the children and strove to increase their confidence in their abilities
HobbiesI love teaching kids and adults alike, especially in English, Reading, Anthropology, and Sociology. I also consider myself a life-long learner. I am constantly learning and working to improve myself to be a better teacher and human being. I love volunteering and helping others. Currently, I'm volunteering at the Swedish Red Cross. In my spare time, I like to do yoga and spend time in nature.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.